Author Topic: Questions Specifically for Jim, Part 3  (Read 137744 times)

Offline walkinshoes

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Questions Specifically for Jim, Part 3
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2010, 06:07:40 PM »
Has anyone noticed that Harry didn't actually hear a gunshot? Hence, no one to cast his death curse on? Isn't that exactly how Kinkaide said he would "do" Harry? From a mile away? I guess the Archive decided that Harry as a Winter Knight was not a good thing, and gave him the only way out. Death. Not that Harry hasn't been dead before, but he used it as a tool then, too, didn't he?

Jim, we know you're probably commenting through at least one or two logins, so what do you think? :>

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2010, 01:50:09 AM »
Jim, we know you're probably commenting through at least one or two logins

Um... huh?
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline walkinshoes

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2010, 02:56:49 AM »
I'm just saying he's probably got an account to log in with to throw in a comment or two without everyone going "OOOO" and AAHHH" over it.

Offline horsehearted

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • I have a tumblr
« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2010, 03:12:28 AM »
I'm just saying he's probably got an account to log in with to throw in a comment or two without everyone going "OOOO" and AAHHH" over it.

Unprobable. Jim is maniacal and loves to jerk us around, but the man does have a life... He does other things than read through what his fans are endlessly speculating about. And he's actually pretty nice. When he speaks it is often open to interpretation and we run with that just fine. He doesn't need another login to jerk our chains.

Edited: for spelling. (unprobable is not a word but gets my point across)
Seriously - with proper battering & frying, tractor parts are delicious!
I'M A PRETTY, PRETTY PRINCESS!

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2010, 03:36:45 AM »
Jim is Fae. Period.
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline jbigelow22

• Participant
  • Bob knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 11, 2010, 12:14:45 AM »
I believe he's answered both of these in interviews.

1) "Different, and fun for different reasons" is a good summary as I remember?

2) He will neither play nor GM Dresden files. As a GM it would "be too much like work" and as a player I believe his exact words were that he'd "be a GM's nightmare. 'It is this way and I'll put it in the next book if I have to!' ".

Hope that helps. Can provide links to interviews if you need.

That really would suck as a GM - I could also hear something like that can't happen or didn't happen because of this... Sucks that he wouldn't GM it because I could see that game rockin'
--- Magis

Offline neofyte

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2010, 11:10:39 PM »
Um... huh?

Jim averages .2 posts per day.  My guess is Neuro and Shecky spend a cumulative ten x more time contemplating the DV than the man himself, at least these days =)  I had suspected the same thing when I first signed on to the boards, but word prints don't match up on any of the likely suspects.  And then I realized I was chasing a will-o-wisp.  Jim has fun in his life, and I *believe* he loves what he does, but his fun times likely come from something non -work - related.
My ego is like a kid brother.  He follows me around, gets in the way, and sometimes embarrasses the heck out of me.  But I've learned to love the little guy.  After all, he means well.  And he responds better to my love than my loathing.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2010, 02:21:49 AM »
Jim averages .2 posts per day.  My guess is Neuro and Shecky spend a cumulative ten x more time contemplating the DV than the man himself, at least these days =)  I had suspected the same thing when I first signed on to the boards, but word prints don't match up on any of the likely suspects.  And then I realized I was chasing a will-o-wisp.  Jim has fun in his life, and I *believe* he loves what he does, but his fun times likely come from something non -work - related.

Okay.

But not sure what this has to do with the allegation that Jim has multiple login names.

And Jim's contemplation of the DV has reached such staggering levels by now that even if he never thought about it again for the rest of his life, I doubt I could ever reach that number of hours. What you see on the page is just a sliver of what he's thought up and hashed out just to SUPPORT what's on the page, to give it a workable framing.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline dead beef

• Conversationalist
  • Mooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2010, 02:34:09 AM »
Unprobable. Jim is maniacal and loves to jerk us around, but the man does have a life... He does other things than read through what his fans are endlessly speculating about. And he's actually pretty nice. When he speaks it is often open to interpretation and we run with that just fine. He doesn't need another login to jerk our chains.

Edited: for spelling. (unprobable is not a word but gets my point across)

improbable?  :).   But no.  I agree with that.  He has better things to do than this.  It would be too much like work.
DV dead beef v1.0 YR3 FR.5 BK++ JB- TH++ WG++ CL+++ SW-- BC+SH[Susan++++Murphy-Elaine+Molly---]RP-MC++++

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2010, 04:35:07 AM »
My guess is Neuro and Shecky spend a cumulative ten x more time contemplating the DV than the man himself, at least these days =) 

I am spending, regrettably, quite a bit less time around these days.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline horsehearted

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • I have a tumblr
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2010, 06:10:31 PM »
improbable?

YES! Thank you! I knew there was an actual word for what I meant and for the life of me it was completely gone.
Seriously - with proper battering & frying, tractor parts are delicious!
I'M A PRETTY, PRETTY PRINCESS!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2010, 11:59:48 PM »
Me fail English? Unpossible!

Offline Josh_the_Great

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2010, 06:21:06 AM »
Jim, I have a few questions.

Where did Mister go after Harry's house burned down?

Now that Harry's gone, will Micheal go back in to the monster-smiting business, at least to defend Molly from the White Council?

Also, now that's Harry's gone, what kind of personality can we expect from Bob?

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2010, 11:30:06 AM »
Jim, I have a few questions.

Where did Mister go after Harry's house burned down?

Now that Harry's gone, will Micheal go back in to the monster-smiting business, at least to defend Molly from the White Council?

Also, now that's Harry's gone, what kind of personality can we expect from Bob?

The kinds of questions that should be answered by upcoming books aren't typically the questions to be posed in this thread. That's more along the lines of questions about things that have already happened, such as, "How exactly did Malcolm Dresden meet Margaret LaFey?"

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 16, 2010, 02:43:06 PM »
Give the newbie a break, Shecky! No harm in asking. It's not like Jim's gonna give him a straight answer anyway. We all know he's more Fae than Mab!  ;D
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D