The Dresden Files > DF Spoilers

This is a SPOILERS OKAY zone

(1/5) > >>

iago:
This board allows spoilers about the Dresden Files series of books, the television series, or the RPG.  This means that anyone reading this board reads it at their own peril.

All the same, when posting spoilers to this board, please make sure that your subject line makes it clear what you're talking about, and the fact that it contains spoilers.

Mickey Finn:
On the same note, please do not put spoilers in the subject line...the main board shows the most recent topic title, so there's a possibility you could accidently spoil someone with the topic title, even though you're posting on the spoiler board.

This hasn't happened yet, this msg is a pre-emptive strike. ;)

Mickey Finn:
Added note: Even though this is a spoiler board, some people may not have read the new book yet. Please use the spoiler tags discussing anything about the new book that isn't in a new-book-specific thread. For instance, if answering a question in a general question thread, like "Bob's complete lack of arms and legs" with material from the new book, use the spoiler tag. Meanwhile, "Discussing the New Book, If You Haven't Read It, Keep Out. No, we really mean it" in the Subject Line means you don't need the spoiler tag.

Slife:

--- Quote from: Mickey Finn on December 28, 2007, 06:02:37 PM ---Added note: Even though this is a spoiler board, some people may not have read the new book yet. Please use the spoiler tags discussing anything about the new book that isn't in a new-book-specific thread. For instance, if answering a question in a general question thread, like "Bob's complete lack of arms and legs" with material from the new book, use the spoiler tag. Meanwhile, "Discussing the New Book, If You Haven't Read It, Keep Out. No, we really mean it" in the Subject Line means you don't need the spoiler tag.

--- End quote ---
I'm a little confused about why this policy is in place.  Given that the general guidelines for spoilers is

--- Quote ---    * Did it come out this year?
    * Is it from a book that is currently only available in hardcover form?
    * Do I have any doubts about whether or not it's a spoiler?
--- End quote ---
it seems a little odd to have a spoiler-allowed zone, and then require spoiler tags on the new book in that zone anyway.  If we didn't want to discuss the new book as part of the conversation, we wouldn't have it in this section of the forum, right?

I mean, there are like three topics on the front page without a "changes spoilers" in the topic, so it seems sort of redundant.

iago:
I seem to recall that the problem is that some people read posts via a "show me the new posts on the forum" method, so the board itself isn't quite as much protection. But I'm fuzzy on this. Mickey?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version