Linked Events

• Jim at New York Comic Con: October 08, 2010 - October 10, 2010

Author Topic: Jim at New York Comic Con - Oct 8-10, 2010  (Read 204735 times)

Offline Hotspur

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Jim at New York Comic Con - Oct 8-10, 2010
« Reply #675 on: October 10, 2010, 04:41:22 AM »
The fantasy panel was incredible, and Jim was nice enough to answer my question. (Weird girl with the story of her, a bible camp and Dresden)

It was so amazing to meet all the other Dresden fans.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #676 on: October 10, 2010, 04:45:10 AM »
http://www.petervbrett.com/2010/10/08/slight-disagreement/

This is one EPIC panel!

(and it that Priscellie in the top picture?)

Yes, yes that is the wonderful Priscellie in the picture.  And the head to her left is yours truly.  :D

Hi,
I was wondering if Jim will be appearing at the con on Sunday?

Thanks

No scheduled appearances, no showing up at con tomorrow.  Sorry.  Pictures will be up!  I has a goodly number

*segue*

Help! I was at the New York Comic Con Jim Butcher signing earlier today when he signed books with the Burger King crown on. I took photos of that signing, among others, but they got accidentally erased -- long story.  If anyone has a photo of King Jim, I would really appreciate it if you can share it with me.  I wanted to frame the Alera map poster with photos from the Con.  Please, please, please...I beg of you to take pity on me. 

I do have a picture of the Burger King hisself, as soon as I get them uploaded.  You can also find my email in my profile if you want the hard file, I'd be happy to send it to you.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #677 on: October 10, 2010, 04:50:22 AM »
IMPORTANT-TYPE ANNOUNCEMENT OF IMPORTANTNESS

At the party, Jim read the first four chapters of Ghost Story, and a number of folks filmed it.  I'm currently checking with Jenn Jackson about the legalities of folks posting it online.  If it's allowed (which I'm confident it will be, but best to make sure), I'd like to use it as promotional material to lead up to Side Jobs, with one chapter posted per week.  Please don't post it on your own yet!  It'll spoil the suspense.

Also, there is to be absolutely NO DISCUSSION of material that hasn't been made public to everyone!  It's disrespectful to your fellow fans.

If you were one of the videoers, PM me and let me know, so we can conspire. :D

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
  • kittenbot of doooooooom--is doomy.
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #678 on: October 10, 2010, 04:59:07 AM »
last night's panel was excellent.  informative, and a riot.  the authors were wicked nice and answered all of the questions with so much enthusiasm, that it was just another reminder how much they really love their fans!  the dinner was amazing.  took lots of pictures.  i'll post them monday when i get home.  thanks to all of the incredibly AWESOME people i met this weekend!  jim was absolutely amazing.  fun to talk to.  teased us all without answering any leading questions.  and losing my voice kinda sucks.  not to mention having a coughing fit which spawned tears being incredibly embarassing.  but no fear, to the folks there, i'm fine.  it just caught me off guard.  i've got my hot tea, my bear of honey, and a squish of lime.  and i'm wicked pouty that i didn't get a picture of molly adoring harry. but i'm so happy i got to meet everyone and get the pix i did.  :-D  

and grasshoppers can't talk anyway, dammnit!

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 10, 2010, 05:13:19 AM »

Please, please, please! Everybody be careful of spoiiler tagging!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline SunshineDuk

• Participant
  • I like things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 10, 2010, 07:01:37 AM »
Tonight was freaking incredible. And, as promised, here I am, coming out of my lurkerdom, and beginning to actually post, now that I have met you all in person.

~Duk
[SPACE], [LASERS], & [ROBOTS]

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 10, 2010, 12:43:47 PM »
No scheduled appearances, no showing up at con tomorrow.  Sorry.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I guess I'll still make it today, having bought the tickets and all.  If you're there today, keep your eyes open for a dejected-looking Nicodemus.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 10, 2010, 01:01:07 PM »
I'll be there until noon-ish.  What time I get there is entirely dependent upon how long it takes me and Priscellie to get semi-kinda awake.  Exhaustion has hit, and is not going away easily.  But Pris is going to be Molly again (at least, that was the plan yesterday) and Esperacchius will be Harry yet again.  I'm going to be off-duty Butters + Warden cloak today.  Until I have to catch my train.

Offline Noey

• Posty McPostington
  • Life On Planet Pink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 10, 2010, 01:49:04 PM »
All of you that I met last night, you rock even more in person. ;D

I'll be around the con, at the D&D tables gaming. We're going to be heading out there in bit. No costume, just me and a t-shirt and jeans and the curls that ate Cleveland. If I see any of you, I'll wave my dice. *beams*
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. - C.S. Lewis

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 10, 2010, 03:55:36 PM »

At the party, Jim read the first four chapters of Ghost Story, and a number of folks filmed it.  I'm currently checking with Jenn Jackson about the legalities of folks posting it online.  If it's allowed (which I'm confident it will be, but best to make sure), I'd like to use it as promotional material to lead up to Side Jobs, with one chapter posted per week.  Please don't post it on your own yet!  It'll spoil the suspense.

Also, there is to be absolutely NO DISCUSSION of material that hasn't been made public to everyone!  It's disrespectful to your fellow fans.

If you were one of the videoers, PM me and let me know, so we can conspire. :D

Thank you for breaking the hearts and minds of all the people who weren't able to go...
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

Offline snowbank

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 10, 2010, 04:30:32 PM »
Thank you for breaking the hearts and minds of all the people who weren't able to go...

I'm sure Shecky, Wizwad or Berrylovely can find the perfect cheese to go with that whine, Enj!!  ;)
ALIEN SPACE BATS!!!!!!!!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 10, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »
*faceplants on the floor from exhaustion*

Mrrmph.*

* (Translation: Fun was had by all. Pics will be posted when brain returns. Awesome people of awesomeness will be thanked and oohed/aahed over at that point.)
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline zeche

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 10, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »
Can anyone post the Dresden Drink Menu? It was a great addition to the night.

Offline Katty

• Posty McPostington
  • Never been perfect. But neither have you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 10, 2010, 11:29:16 PM »
After seeing Blaze's pics....

I am officially jealous and hate you all.   :D

Glad to see that it looked like everyone had a fabulous time!
"No one gets to their heaven without a fight." - Neil Peart

"I'm going to hell for that bit.  And I'm taking all of you with me." - Denis Leary

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 11, 2010, 01:02:07 AM »
Can anyone post the Dresden Drink Menu? It was a great addition to the night.

I kept one, I'll take a pic and post it after I get a new memory card for my camera this evening—the one I had got smashed in transit to Virginia.