Author Topic: questions about characters pc and npc  (Read 5325 times)

Offline Ancalagon

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: questions about characters pc and npc
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 02:37:09 AM »
It's must-ish. They have very poor control over their appetites. :)

A ghoul PC would almost have to be one that has found a way to control said appetite by some special mean then...

Oh, and I just noted this "Inhuman, Supernatural, or Mythic Strength, Speed, Toughness, or Recovery" in the changeling template.  I like the fact that there are "gradations" in the "more than human" physical abilities :)

Offline breaker

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 04:06:35 PM »
A ghoul PC would almost have to be one that has found a way to control said appetite by some special mean then...

Oh, and I just noted this "Inhuman, Supernatural, or Mythic Strength, Speed, Toughness, or Recovery" in the changeling template.  I like the fact that there are "gradations" in the "more than human" physical abilities :)

It's scary to me to think that the slightest bit of temptation can cause a changeling to go up in that scale.

But as far as the meat necessity for ghouls is concerned, do they cover how a ghouls daily kill count from feeding is actually handled? Is their hunger stress handled the same way a vamp is?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 04:26:15 PM »
It's scary to me to think that the slightest bit of temptation can cause a changeling to go up in that scale.

But as far as the meat necessity for ghouls is concerned, do they cover how a ghouls daily kill count from feeding is actually handled? Is their hunger stress handled the same way a vamp is?
Nah, right now the ghoul hunger is "softly" implied, more as a part of the aspect, though in retrospect maybe a Feeding Dependency on meat *is* warranted... Hmmm! Might even be time to wedge that in.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 04:52:30 PM »
Ghoul > Meat-Dependency...

*face-palm*

Yeah, that's an awesome idea. 
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline Ancalagon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 12:28:14 AM »
There are a fair amount of "hobby farmers" around Ottawa, that would be one way of getting that meat without hurting anyone.   Or maybe urban chickens? :D

Offline epicice

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 11:07:10 AM »
so new questions this time pertaining to the knights of the cross. In the books it speaks several times of the knights speaking with and being protected by the archangels. Will this be included in the game for the knights? One of the reasons im wondering is because all the archangels are talked about but what knights they talk to isnt necessarily mentioned.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 02:58:34 PM »
so new questions this time pertaining to the knights of the cross. In the books it speaks several times of the knights speaking with and being protected by the archangels. Will this be included in the game for the knights? One of the reasons im wondering is because all the archangels are talked about but what knights they talk to isnt necessarily mentioned.

Generally speaking, that's more a "hand of god at work" kind of thing, and adequately expressed by the holy powers implementation we've got going on. But a GM could manifest the archangels more directly -- that's on her.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/