Author Topic: Matt Wagner's Mage: The Hero Discovered / Defined  (Read 1245 times)

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
Matt Wagner's Mage: The Hero Discovered / Defined
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:07:33 PM »
The all-time classic comic series about faith, self-discovery, and a magic baseball bat.

If you know what I'm referring to, then great!
If not, do yourself a HUGE favor and try to track down a copy of the trade paperbacks. WELL worth the time, effort and money.

I've allways been very interested in making Kevin Matchstick and cohorts a part of a rpg world. And it suddenly occurrs to me that FATE and DFRPG is so close to perfect it makes my hair hurt.

From the High Concepts to Aspects to compell and tag, a world Mage as a guest star, and the whole "magic just beneath the surface and around the corner" world atmosphere, it just can't get any better.

I'm going nuts from just trying to figure out all the chewey FATE goodness and making it all work.

And the idea of Kevin and Michael Carpenter teaming up to Fight Big Evil (TM) is just to awesome to ignore.

Magic IS green!
"How do you carjack a Death Star?"
Gina Diggers, Gold Digger #99

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Matt Wagner's Mage: The Hero Discovered / Defined
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 03:10:47 PM »
I'm familiar and I can say it's very doable. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Ihadris

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Wagner's Mage: The Hero Discovered / Defined
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 03:42:31 PM »
I suddenly wish to be familiar.. *searches*