Author Topic: City creation  (Read 7883 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: City creation
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 08:43:08 PM »
If we get to vote I'd go with the Wiki.  Not everyone has a yahoo account (which is required iirc to use groups).

I'd probably be inclined to look at a wiki, yes.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Ihadris

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 03:47:22 AM »
is there any plans for a place where we can put up citys that we have made so others can get ideas

I get the feeling that at least a few are going to start popping up around here post release.

Offline the wizard

• Participant
  • i once fought a panda with a spoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 09:10:55 AM »
just a question would it be wise or even possible to have a small city(pop 300,000) in a non thrid world contry for everyone to be aware of the supernatural to some extent

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 04:45:40 AM »
I would think that it depends on what you mean by the third world. Such acceptance of the supernatural would have to be inline with the cultural and religious norms of the surrounding area in order for the place not to attract allot of attention both from the press and from the pitchfork and torch crowd. So more than likely you are talking about non-christian majority nations which leaves you with few first world options China, India and Japan come to mind however China's government is not known for their tolerance of diversity, Japan also prizes homogeneity and along with India suffers from such high population density that bleed over of the information would be uncontainable. However a smaller community in an out of the way location would work just about anywhere there is space.

As I wrote this I thought of a great counter example both Doctor Who and Torchwood work on the idea that everyone in Britain knows about aliens but most of them would never admit it because to do so would force a radical change in their world view. It all depends on your players ability to willingly suspend their disbelief.
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."