Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1124989 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #4500 on: September 18, 2011, 12:51:13 AM »
I've seen others say it before, but after seeing him on Leno last night, I think Statham would make a good Kincaid.
1)  He's fit enough
2)  He's got the bad boy vibe
3)  He can do snide anti-humor
4)  He doesn't have the hair, but as someone said before, we'll have to creative license it, or get a wig and some glue.

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: September 18, 2011, 02:45:50 AM »
1)  He's fit enough
2)  He's got the bad boy vibe
3)  He can do snide anti-humor
I'm just curious as to whether you have seen Chris Kane in anything. Also, he does have the hair; would just need a bottle of dye to make it pretty well book-perfect. Only thing he doesn't have, really, is the height.
I know I've said it before, but my other choice would be Chris Hemsworth. He has the hair, and the height, and the fitness (to the level of "day-um!") YMMV on whether he has the bad boy vibe, but I think he could pull it off. Snide? Yeah, he could probably do that, too.

I have nothing against Statham as an actor, but why cast someone who would require "creative license" when there are wholly acceptable actors in existence?
This message brought to you by a cloud of neurotransmitters.

Offline Kilroy

• Conversationalist
  • My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: September 18, 2011, 02:46:35 AM »
Really, guys? I might be remembering wrong, but isn't Butters described as, well, skinny? I adore Kevin Smith and everything, but the man has never been skinny.
Sean Bean could be Harley MacFinn, yeah. And why does Joe Gordon-Levitt freak you out? He's amazing.

Yes, as of dead beat Butters is "a little guy, maybe 5'3 in his shoes, maybe 120 pounds soaking wet." I did not think to check Ghost until after but I am sure he has not changed much. I dont really care though, lol. We can find someone else to play Butters but that who I have just seen in my head. I would like to find a role for Kevin Smith though, I have not done any reading to see if he is a fan or not but I am sure he would be if he reads it.

As for Levitt.... I mean.... with short hair and a nice beard he looks normal to me... but then he does this.

Or.... really maybe have him as white court. He could be one the cousins that like feed off fear or something.

"You're in America now," I said. "Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer." ~ Harry Dresden

"Maybe I'd been shut away in my lab too long, but Spenser never mentions that the Faerie Queen has a great ass." ~ Harry Dresden

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: September 18, 2011, 02:52:10 AM »
He could be one the cousins that like feed off fear or something.
...She looks happy to me.

(Course, I guess it depends on what you're into ;) )

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: September 18, 2011, 03:40:22 AM »
I'm just curious as to whether you have seen Chris Kane in anything. Also, he does have the hair; would just need a bottle of dye to make it pretty well book-perfect. Only thing he doesn't have, really, is the height.
I know I've said it before, but my other choice would be Chris Hemsworth. He has the hair, and the height, and the fitness (to the level of "day-um!") YMMV on whether he has the bad boy vibe, but I think he could pull it off. Snide? Yeah, he could probably do that, too.

I have nothing against Statham as an actor, but why cast someone who would require "creative license" when there are wholly acceptable actors in existence?

I saw Chris Kane in Angel and several other smaller roles, and I see him in the advertisements for Leverage.  My issue with him is that he's very American, and he's bench muscle.  My image of Kincaid has always been European and lean muscle.  Maybe my image is off, and I'm wrong about the nationality and build, but I just don't see it.  Same problem with a beefed up Hemsworth, but if he were back down to his leaner weight, and could pull off a European accent, then I'd support it.  But I don't know about an Aussie trying for a Euro accent...

...She looks happy to me.

He totally looks like my image of Madrigal Raith there.  In fact, I might adopt him as my personal choice for Madrigal.

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: September 18, 2011, 03:51:37 AM »
I don't know about an Aussie trying for a Euro accent.
...You know that there are places in Australia where the accent is almost indistinguishable from something out of the UK, right? At least you can hardly say he's "very American." And even 'beefed up,' he looked comparatively lean to me.

He totally looks like my image of Madrigal Raith there.  In fact, I might adopt him as my personal choice for Madrigal.
No way, Cillian Murphy is Madrigal.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: September 18, 2011, 04:00:50 AM »
No way, Cillian Murphy is Madrigal.

See, I seem to remember Madrigal was supposed to be attractive.  I don't think Cillian Murphy can be said to be attractive.  I see him more like the Skavis.  Yeah.  Definitely.  That picture you have there, but in drag?  Definitely.

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: September 18, 2011, 04:18:22 AM »
...I think he's attractive.

Always saw Jaye Davidson as the Skavis.

Might be unfair of me, but I figure it would have to be someone who can actually fool an observant wizard PI, even if it says "Priscilla" isn't a particularly attractive woman, there seems to be little question about her being a woman until the end. Sooo, yeah.

Offline Kilroy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: September 18, 2011, 04:27:07 AM »

Yes Madrigal was who I was thinking of. Also yes, she looks very happy in that photo and that what he wants her to feel up till he has the handcuffs on her and goes all Nightmare on Elm on her.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:29:16 AM by Kilroy »
"You're in America now," I said. "Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer." ~ Harry Dresden

"Maybe I'd been shut away in my lab too long, but Spenser never mentions that the Faerie Queen has a great ass." ~ Harry Dresden

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: September 18, 2011, 04:29:46 AM »
Ive seen a photo of Priscilla... and in a most non-creepy way I find her very attractive. But I am guessing you just threw a name out and meant nothing by that..... yea I am just going to move on.
I was referring to the character in White Night. Priscilla. The name used by the Skavis phage in drag. Hence why I was talking about the Skavis.

Offline Kilroy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: September 18, 2011, 03:49:27 PM »
Yea.... if you noticed I edited that out... you must have quoted me right after posting though. I blame it all on lack of sleep.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:58:50 PM by Kilroy »

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: September 19, 2011, 02:45:40 AM »
Ah, lack of sleep can certainly be an impairment; I've stopped trying to do homework under the influence of sleepiness.

Hmmm, what do I have today? Well, I decided that Viggo Mortensen should be Lord Raith. (I considered George Clooney, but I'm not sure he has the menace for it.)

Been trying to think of someone for Helen Beckitt/Demeter, but nothing's popped out at me yet. Maybe Bebe Neuwirth?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: September 19, 2011, 02:49:31 AM »
I would like somebody even more menacng for Lord Raith, but I don't remember the description. Viggo is a good choice, anyway,
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: September 19, 2011, 03:03:47 AM »
I think it would be difficult to get much more menacing. Viggo can be a very scary guy. Also, Lord Raith is supposed to be "better looking than Thomas." He is an undeniably really good-looking guy, who can also be terrifying. Not an easy combo to find, really. (Like I said, also considered George Clooney. If anyone knows of him being scary, please let me know.)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: September 19, 2011, 03:16:10 AM »
Michael Fassbender

or a young Paul Newman  :)

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)