Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1123001 times)

Offline [ISI]William_9292

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #3300 on: February 18, 2011, 01:59:11 PM »
MY wife thinks Jason Isaacs should be Marcone. Consider that Cable show Brotherhood. THe 1st season when he still had all his marbles.
Very good idea!!

Offline kingaling

• Conversationalist
  • THE VOICES ARENT REAL, but have some good ideas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: February 18, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »
I love his American accent (anyone who's watched the animated Avatar The Last Airbender I'm talking to you) He does the voice of Admiral Zhao. On top of this he's an awesome actor, he has my vote for Marcone!
Son of Blampira and father to the vampire in her sig.

"It's good to be King." - Mel Brooks

"I have an idea! An idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Offline tonit

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: February 18, 2011, 11:23:20 PM »
I am joining late and probably this discussion has already happened but
didn't everyone scream Harry! when they saw sorcerer"s apprentice?
I mean it has to be Nicolas Cage. By the way didn't they just steal Harry?
how rude!!

Offline kingaling

• Conversationalist
  • THE VOICES ARENT REAL, but have some good ideas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 19, 2011, 01:09:25 AM »
Well, Nic Cage was a producer for the Dresden Files tv show, I heard a rumor that he actually demanded his character in Sorcerers Apprentice look like Dresden and brought in his own costume pieces, but that's just rumor.

Son of Blampira and father to the vampire in her sig.

"It's good to be King." - Mel Brooks

"I have an idea! An idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 19, 2011, 02:33:57 AM »
No Nic Cage for Harry Dresden.
He's not right and the fact that he seems to have basically
taken his character in SA from Harry should prove it.
He's too maniacal and too old.

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: February 19, 2011, 06:38:23 AM »
I just realized this... What about David Tennant for Harry?
You Doctor Who fans should recognize him...

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 19, 2011, 01:10:07 PM »
If he were taller then I would be the first in line for the film.

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: February 19, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »
You know they have these things called computers that can help with the height thing... as point of fact Gimli in the LOTR series the actor who played him is actually like 6' 6"...

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: February 19, 2011, 05:44:34 PM »
You know they have these things called computers that can help with the height thing... as point of fact Gimli in the LOTR series the actor who played him is actually like 6' 6"...

*snort* well that solves our finding a really short murphy problem
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: February 19, 2011, 05:46:28 PM »

Yes, John Rhys Davis and he spent a good part of that movie pretty much on his knees to appear short when it was him and not the little person double.  No CGI to make him short.  And using CGI to make someone tall - they may be able to do it but it would cost a mint to have to do the hero in most every scene.  Or to make someone short.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: February 19, 2011, 06:34:42 PM »
honestly I'm happy with the books, and can live without a TV show or movie or whatever. heck even the comics are neat but not a MUST HAVE.

Now if Jim were to help get an orignal TV series ala Firefly off the ground, in a heart beat, glued to my TV
Or heck a Tv show in the Dresden verse from another point of view out in LA or the UK or Dallas (WOO TEXAS) that would be neater

Also James Marsden as Thomas

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: February 19, 2011, 09:04:54 PM »
Yes, John Rhys Davis and he spent a good part of that movie pretty much on his knees to appear short when it was him and not the little person double.  No CGI to make him short.  And using CGI to make someone tall - they may be able to do it but it would cost a mint to have to do the hero in most every scene.  Or to make someone short.
And if that's the case then in all the full body scenes how is it that you see his feet and still be shorter then everybody?

You make it sound like CGI is SOOOO expensive... but now days it really isn't...

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3312 on: February 19, 2011, 09:46:34 PM »
Sam Elliot MUST be in the movie.  There can be no negotiation on the subject.  But not as Eb.  Robert Duvalle is Eb.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: February 19, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »
honestly I'm happy with the books, and can live without a TV show or movie or whatever. heck even the comics are neat but not a MUST HAVE.

Now if Jim were to help get an orignal TV series ala Firefly off the ground, in a heart beat, glued to my TV
Or heck a Tv show in the Dresden verse from another point of view out in LA or the UK or Dallas (WOO TEXAS) that would be neater.

Or something that gives us the story of some of the other characters in the past. Like what Eb did during the French and Indian War, how he met Listens-to-Wind, stuff like that. Oooooh, or what happened with Kemmler during WWI.
You know, Eb was scottish, wasn't he? Maybe David Tennant could be a young Ebenezar.

Sam Elliot MUST be in the movie.  There can be no negotiation on the subject.  But not as Eb.  Robert Duvalle is Eb.

If they wanted to change Uriel from his kinda young-ish appearance in changes/old janitor in Small Favor and give the role to Sam Elliot, I would have no problems with that. AT ALL. SAM ELLIOT AS URIEL, THE CASTING FOR THAT CHARACTER IS NOW CLOSED.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: February 20, 2011, 01:35:44 AM »
And if that's the case then in all the full body scenes how is it that you see his feet and still be shorter then everybody?

You make it sound like CGI is SOOOO expensive... but now days it really isn't...

Depending on what you do - yes it can be, and having to do the hero in a lot of scenes would be a lot of money because it isn't just changing his height it's making sure that his shadow matched up to the CGI height and all sorts of other intangibles that one doesn't normally think about.  And this is going frame by frame.
Studio would sooner use whatever actor they can find who can do the part and work around the height thing.