Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1123863 times)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #2925 on: January 18, 2011, 03:51:34 AM »
You don't ruin a great movie by making a remake. Plus I found it creepy and the point was vaguely distracting. I didn't get the point is what I'm saying. How about Nicalous Cage for Kincaid.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: January 18, 2011, 04:45:18 AM »
Lara Raith - Megan Fox

Eh, I can't advocate this. Megan Fox doesn't seem too bright and Lara Raith is exceptionally clever. Plus, apparently Fox is a PIA to work with so she'd have to be replaced for the second season anyway. ;)

Having seen "Diehard," totally see Rickman as Nic.

Please not Depp as Thomas! PotC was the only thing he was good in and he's never ever seemed sexy to me. And believe me, if I even think for a second Thomas has been miscast, heads will roll! (Come on, girls - I'm justified, right? And not obsessive...uh, right?) ;)

And I'm afraid I can't agree with Kristen Bell as Murphy (I think I've complained about her voice before) or Nicholas Cage as Kincaid.

How about Alex O'Loughlin as Harry? Watch "Moonlight" and you'll know he's got the acting chops and I really think he's got a great look for it, too. Also, while he's not a giant he is over six feet and has a good build for Harry. Thoughts?

"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline GWPfark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: January 18, 2011, 04:54:07 AM »
"By human standards, if she was any flakier you could pour milk on her and call her breakfast."

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: January 18, 2011, 05:05:10 AM »
Hatshep did the rights really revert early
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline cass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: January 18, 2011, 05:24:54 AM »
According to the Q&A session at MarsCon, they did. Really and truly. Not that it means anything's in the works-- just that it's now more possible.

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: January 18, 2011, 05:27:06 AM »
You can't unhear this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-ASbyfaSR0

5 seconds I watched. not funny. no no no no no no no!

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: January 18, 2011, 07:49:09 AM »
Eh, I can't advocate this. Megan Fox doesn't seem too bright and Lara Raith is exceptionally clever. Plus, apparently Fox is a PIA to work with so she'd have to be replaced for the second season anyway. ;)

Having seen "Diehard," totally see Rickman as Nic.

Please not Depp as Thomas! PotC was the only thing he was good in and he's never ever seemed sexy to me. And believe me, if I even think for a second Thomas has been miscast, heads will roll! (Come on, girls - I'm justified, right? And not obsessive...uh, right?) ;)

And I'm afraid I can't agree with Kristen Bell as Murphy (I think I've complained about her voice before) or Nicholas Cage as Kincaid.

How about Alex O'Loughlin as Harry? Watch "Moonlight" and you'll know he's got the acting chops and I really think he's got a great look for it, too. Also, while he's not a giant he is over six feet and has a good build for Harry. Thoughts?

Megan Fox really can't act.  Maybe she could be Trixie Vixen - that's about her speed.
Nick Cage for absolutely NOTHING in a DF movie.  Sorry.

Yes, the rights reverted early but that means nothing at this point.  After the Sorcerer's Apprentice flopped - no one may be willing to do another Wizard film.  But at least JB doesn't have to worry about somebody like the Halmi's making mince meat of his work.

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: January 19, 2011, 12:14:31 AM »
If Jim truly wants to be successful with a movie about a wizard named Harry, then he either needs to wait a few years for Harry Potter to die down, or start every trailer with Harry explaining his name :P

If he starts a movie now I think you would get too many (brainless) people complaining about him stealing from Harry Potter, kind of like how Darren Shan got endless complaints about coming out with a vampire movie right after the Twilight craze started (by the way, the Cirque Du Freak series came out before Twilight, and he started working on the movie first too ;D)
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: January 19, 2011, 01:11:05 AM »
If Jim truly wants to be successful with a movie about a wizard named Harry, then he either needs to wait a few years for Harry Potter to die down, or start every trailer with Harry explaining his name :P

If he starts a movie now I think you would get too many (brainless) people complaining about him stealing from Harry Potter, kind of like how Darren Shan got endless complaints about coming out with a vampire movie right after the Twilight craze started (by the way, the Cirque Du Freak series came out before Twilight, and he started working on the movie first too ;D)

That can both work for you and against you.  While Harry P. is hot, other films about Wizards stand a better chance of getting made, conversely some will see it as you just doing an adult version of HP.  (hardly)  On the other hand, waiting may lead to - oh yeah, Wizards they were hot a while back but they're nothing now.  Pass. 
Unfortunately it isn't about who started first but who gets into the theaters first.

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: January 19, 2011, 01:32:40 AM »
That can both work for you and against you.  While Harry P. is hot, other films about Wizards stand a better chance of getting made, conversely some will see it as you just doing an adult version of HP.  (hardly)  On the other hand, waiting may lead to - oh yeah, Wizards they were hot a while back but they're nothing now.  Pass. 
Unfortunately it isn't about who started first but who gets into the theaters first.

Indeed, and the story is different enough from Harry Potter that it could do well right now, if the main character's name wasn't Harry.
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: January 19, 2011, 01:36:37 AM »
Indeed, and the story is different enough from Harry Potter that it could do well right now, if the main character's name wasn't Harry.

Again, the working for you/against you thing.  Some people would come to see the movie thinking it's like HP, but would probably stay because HD is dynamite.  Conversely some would come expecting HP and leave.  It's 6 of one, half dozen of another.

The very important thing is a dynamite script and a director who can do it justice.  (AND NO MICHAEL BAY - HE'd just want to blow things up.)

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: January 19, 2011, 01:40:41 AM »
Again, the working for you/against you thing.  Some people would come to see the movie thinking it's like HP, but would probably stay because HD is dynamite.  Conversely some would come expecting HP and leave.  It's 6 of one, half dozen of another.

The very important thing is a dynamite script and a director who can do it justice.  (AND NO MICHAEL BAY - HE'd just want to blow things up.)

you know, I think that would kinda fit Harry XD

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: January 19, 2011, 01:42:49 AM »
you know, I think that would kinda fit Harry XD

Harry does blow things up but please NOT Bay.  You want someone interested in a good story not in how much high explosive he can use up.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: January 19, 2011, 02:34:39 AM »
I think you would have to cut the first 11 books down to 6 movies with Dead Beat as a stand alone

1.Stormfront/Grave peril Shadow man is same in both
2. Fool moon 20 min intro then off to full summer knight
3.Death Masks/proven guilty, mix match
4. Blood Rites/White night mix match
5. Dead beat
6.Small Favor/ Turn Coat
7. Changes/Ghost Story?
Sir  Reginald.

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: January 19, 2011, 03:42:18 AM »
I think you would have to cut the first 11 books down to 6 movies with Dead Beat as a stand alone

1.Stormfront/Grave peril Shadow man is same in both
2. Fool moon 20 min intro then off to full summer knight
3.Death Masks/proven guilty, mix match
4. Blood Rites/White night mix match
5. Dead beat
6.Small Favor/ Turn Coat
7. Changes/Ghost Story?

vague CHANGES SPOILERS below:

(click to show/hide)

TWCB-Dinosaurs