Linked Events

• Jim signs in Seattle, WA: April 07, 2010

Author Topic: April 7: Changes signing in Seattle/Tacoma, WA  (Read 14758 times)

Offline Baldy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: April 7: Changes signing in Seattle/Tacoma, WA
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 02:08:26 AM »
Info provided by the bookstore below.  It looks like the books are sold in the book store, but the signing it is hidden in their maze of a campus. 

Wednesday • April 7 • 8pm
Jim Butcher
Changes: A Novel of the Dresden Files (ROC)
Reading & Book Signing
UW Kane Hall, Room 210
Are you just wild about Harry? Sure you are. Who wouldn't be? (And if you answered "vampires," you answered correctly.) Changes is the twelfth book in the Dresden files, and it concerns a lost love, a long-held secret, and a child in danger. Tickets are free with the purchase of Changes from University Book Store. Additional tickets are $5. Books and tickets are available beginning April 6.

Oh, crap. I hate colleges. They're filled with students.

Here's directions to Kane Hall: http://www.css.washington.edu/KNE_Directions

You do know Kane is off of Red Square, named after the Red Court. Well, more like the Communist Red, but its all relatable in a redneck sorta way.

5 days and counting. No pressure here, Mr. Butcher... ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:11:06 AM by Baldy »

mythcantor

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 02:12:20 AM »
Jim wants to visit Tampa... it's relaxing and we have sun.  And hurricanes.

Offline Baldy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 02:16:09 AM »
Jim wants to visit Tampa... it's relaxing and we have sun.  And hurricanes.
Seattle has Red Squares and billionaires, so HA!

Offline HairyDresden

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 05:37:05 AM »
Wow!  That was a fun time!  I really enjoyed the question and answer type thing.  I was worried that he was going to give away a bunch of stuff from the story.  :)  Thank goodness!

Offline Mental

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 06:46:52 AM »
Yes it was fun, very engaging and funny. The place was packed, if you have a chance to seem him in your area you should go.
my only wish was that people had actually had Changes read by then, oh wells, man I had so many questions for him about it.

******Spoiler Alert*********
he cut his hair! Didn't even recognize him until he was introduced, even though he was sitting right behind the guy introducing him.

Thanks Jim! hah I can't believe I froze when I got my book signed.
TAVAR!!!!

Offline Baldy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 03:24:32 PM »
I had to work (just as well--all those city types and students give me the creeps), but I got a signed copy from Tina-in-the-Midwest!

Thanks, Tina! Thanks, Mr. Butcher!

Offline forwardmomentum

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 04:36:52 PM »
I want to thank Jim for a really enjoyable evening. The Q&A was a fascinating peek into the inner workings of the Dresdenverse.

I'd also like to thank Jim's hair clippings for saving us from a mugger in the underground parking garage immediately following the event... And to think, I thought he was JOKING about his hair going off to fight crime... ;)

Offline Bassfraser

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 05:40:28 PM »
 :-[
Lame! I'm a bad fan.  I didn't find out about this until the day AFTER.  So bummed about this.

Offline Harry Connolly

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • www.harryjconnolly.com
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 06:54:42 PM »
Yes, it was a great Q&A session.  Jim is very good onstage.  Thanks for coming to town. 

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 06:58:08 PM »
Very sad I missed it.  Was flying in from NY and only landed at 8:30.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Scooby-fan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 06:26:26 PM »

he cut his hair! Didn't even recognize him until he was introduced, even though he was sitting right behind the guy introducing him.

Not only did he cut his hair but he's probably wearing contact lenses instead of glasses.  I also didn't recognize him at first.  I got a nice picture of him in his classic Jim Butcher pose...now I've got to find out where the rules are for posting photos. 

"Laugha while you can, monkey boy!" -Lord Whorfin

Are you a Rock Band addict too?  on XBox I'm: hunter24x7

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 07:00:55 PM »
Not only did he cut his hair but he's probably wearing contact lenses instead of glasses.  I also didn't recognize him at first.  I got a nice picture of him in his classic Jim Butcher pose...now I've got to find out where the rules are for posting photos. 

Posting photos is allowed!  Go for it.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »
Yes, it was a great Q&A session.  Jim is very good onstage.  Thanks for coming to town. 

He's very personable, he loves to talk and he's all around a good fella.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline hopsngrapes

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 01:59:01 AM »
I went to the booksigning on wednesday and loved it! Jim is hilarious! ;D Wow, I wish all booksignings were as entertaining. I mean, it's always nice during the Q&A to find out interesting tid bits about a story or misc information, but Jim's wit is very refreshing. I also liked how he never was grumpy about redundant or ambiguous questions. Thank you for coming to Seattle!

Offline Scooby-fan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 07:14:56 AM »
Okay, I think I've figured out how to post pictures now.   :-[  Here's one of the Seattle area fans waiting for Jim:

I agree, the Q&A was interesting, informative (good questions from the crowd!) and very entertaining because of Jim's quick wit.  The last signing in the University Bookstore was very crowded -standing room only.  And I overheard the organizers saying that they not only had to get a lecture hall, but they had to get an even larger room because of the number of attendees.  And of course I hope he comes back in the future!

I also posted one of the classic Jim Butcher pose in McAnally's Jim on Tour: Pics thread because I knew that it was okay to post pictures there plus I thought that most everyone would like to see that picture -not just the Seattle fans.

Scooby-fan
"Laugha while you can, monkey boy!" -Lord Whorfin

Are you a Rock Band addict too?  on XBox I'm: hunter24x7