Linked Events

• Jim at TusCon in Tucson: November 12, 2010 - November 14, 2010

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon at TusCon in Tucson, AZ  (Read 66189 times)

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
Re: Jim and Shannon at TusCon in Tucson, AZ
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 04:41:20 AM »
Okay, think about that Oz...  They live in MO, which isn't that different from IA where I am.   If you live in the land of ice, snow, blizzards, etc--would you go for one blasted day?  Actually I'm probably going to take my tear drop camper, the dog, and head down myself--unless the winter moves in early over the mountains.

NOw if Meg comes down, THAT would make it a party! I'm in!
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 04:44:17 PM »
It that case... smores and discretely wet at my campfire.  I've checked out the Tuscon camping locations and found one that I liked....  So long as you don't get me kicked out or if you do, you have to help me pack up camp and locate a new place  :-)   

Seriously--hot dogs/burgers maybe?  I'll check on the alcohol restrictions. 
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 04:30:38 AM »
I think Honey might be willing to part with some sirloin burgers, which are totally delish, but if the party is small enough, we might be able to bring a special surprise! *waggles eyebrows*

Think Jim and Shannon might be in for a couple of yarns around the campfire?

Offline OZ

• Posty McPostington
  • Great and Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 03:04:46 AM »
 I wouldn't presume to know anything about Jim or Shannon's preferences but it sounds like fun to me. Good food and good conversation are hard to beat. The city of Tuscon is a bit drab but it is surrounded by some beautiful country. I wasn't thinking about the weather. If it's not raining, it should be nice that time of year. Tucson is a few degrees cooler than Phoenix but not that much.
How do you know you have a good book?  It's 3am and you think "Just one more chapter!"

Offline goatdancer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 01:33:13 AM »
I live a little outside of Tucson.  Not the best place in the world, but not bad.  It has a couple of food choices that are pretty good.  Lindeys on 4th has some pretty good burgers.  It was recently on Man vs Food, a cool tiny little place to eat if your not worried about having one of your arteries clog half way through the burger challenge.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 03:27:10 AM »
thanks goatdancer! Much easier to head out to eat than to cook.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline goatdancer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2010, 04:10:37 AM »
no problem, I am more then happy to answer any Tucson related questions to the best of my ability for those coming in from out of town or help out if I can.

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 06:47:36 PM »
Cool! Are you going to Tuscon, goatdancer?

Offline goatdancer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 06:14:21 PM »
Yep, I will be here.  I drive into Tucson for work anyway, can't pass up a chance to see Jim if he is this close!

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 07:20:31 PM »
Cool! New friends unmet!

Offline KWPech

• Participant
  • Pleasantly Apathetic with a hint of hops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
I'll be flying downa dn staying at the hotel. Closest hes gonna get to Denver, so I'm not missing out.
"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose!" -Rusty Shackleford

Offline ImposterAZ

• Lurker
  • ImposterAZ - for me the paranormal is normal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 04:44:52 PM »
Hello All,

I'm Brian Gross and I'm handling the TusCon website and emails.  We're glad Jim's appearance at TusCon is something you're interested in!  Please use the TusCon email address ( basfa@earthlink.net )  if you have any questions about TusCon, or about greater Tucson, and I'll do my best to get you answers. (BASFA is the parent org that runs TusCon)

Just a few things from previous posts:

1. Yes, TusCon has some great restaurants! Let me know if you need info on specific ones, or if you are looking for some for a specific type of food.

2. The weather in Tucson is usually pretty nice around this date - normally in 70's during the day and 50's at night.

3. There are some great attractions in Tucson, besides TusCon of course. There's the Pima Air and Space Museum (it's listed as the #6 best aviation museum in the US), plus it's associated Titan Missile Museum and the AMARC (the 2nd largest Air Force "bone yard" for stored aircraft -- tours are available).  There's also the excellent Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. Let me know if you need more info.

4. Please check the website (  http://tusconscificon.com/ ) -- I just updated it with the confirmed participants (so far). I'll have the prelim schedule up there probably by the end of the August or early September (this mostly depends on participants getting back to us sooner, so we can start putting them into programming slots).

So let me know if you have questions. Thanks!

Brian

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 07:54:47 PM »
Awesome, Brian! Thanks!

Offline ImposterAZ

• Lurker
  • ImposterAZ - for me the paranormal is normal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 09:17:05 PM »
You're quite welcome!

Also (digging her elbow out of my ribs), I forgot to mention that my wife is handling Programming at TusCon this year. She plans a strong track of panels on Paranormal Romance writing, both because Shannon will be here and because Tucson has one of the strongest RWA (Romance Writers of America) chapters east of San Diego.

Brian
http://tusconscificon.com

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 10:02:55 PM »
Booked hotel and airline tickets.  I'm a go. No camper.  No dog. :-) but staff short supply  Feel lucky to get away fall semester.   I'm tied to their availability to cover office. Can't wait to meetup all!