Linked Events

• Jim at Dragon*Con: September 03, 2010 - September 06, 2010

Author Topic: Jim at Dragon*Con 2010  (Read 83423 times)

Offline The_Pheonix

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Jim at Dragon*Con 2010
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 02:47:38 AM »
As a Storyteller myself, Aine, I can say that n00bs are sometimes the most fun folks to play with.  They don't know how to "do it right" so, they end up being creative.

I'm also in for any Dresden RPG action that is going on.
When Ivy wears the "I'm with stupid" shirt... It's kinda true.

What?  Glittery vampires are totally possible.  Who would put it past Lara Raith to skinny dip in glitter glue?

My log in isn't misspelled.  Everyone else spells it wrong!

Offline traycon3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 12:47:57 AM »
Ok, I went to my first Dragon*Con last year and got my tickets again before I knew Butcher was coming, but when I heard that, I think I literally jumped up and down screaming in my kitchen for a full minute.

But that's beside the point.

Does anyone know if he's holding a panel??? Because that would just be AWESOME!!! Just saying. :D Or is he just there for a book signing?

-t3
I am not an addict. I can quit anytime I want. *Tosses Dresden Files across the room*

*Runs over and scoops it up* I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN IT! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 12:50:37 AM »
I would love to know what's been scheduled for him at DragonCon, too. I wish they'd print the DragonCon schedule, already, so I know if I want to go for all the days, or just some.
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 01:44:34 AM »
It figures that the one time in my entire lifetime to date that I'm going to be within an hour of where Jim lives, he and Shannon will be in Atlanta. Feh.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 01:30:25 AM »
Bought my Dragon Con ticket today. They've opened up some additional hotels for the overflow this week, so we'll hopefully have confirmed reservations tomorrow.  :)

*Got reservations at the Westin Peachtree Plaza, about 4 blocks from Dragon Con.*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:24:01 PM by Yeratel »
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »
Bought my Dragon Con ticket today. They've opened up some additional hotels for the overflow this week, so we'll hopefully have confirmed reservations tomorrow.  :)

*Got reservations at the Westin Peachtree Plaza, about 4 blocks from Dragon Con.*
Got tickets and a Room at the Westin through Hotwire. Really looking forward to the con.
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Aine

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »
Oh, man.  Make sure no one warns the Westin Peachtree we're coming.

(That's where we're staying, too.)

:D ;D

meh

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2010, 05:12:58 PM »
*puts heads together with Bookie and starts plotting the takeover of DragonCon*

Want a copy of the WT Sherman papers?    :D

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2010, 01:43:15 PM »
Oh, man.  Make sure no one warns the Westin Peachtree we're coming.

(That's where we're staying, too.)

:D ;D
If y'all see a good-looking guy wandering around the Westin with a Dragon Con badge that says "Yeratel" on it, that's me.  :)
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 07:44:45 PM »
Well, at least one day of the con, I'll be dressed as Fawkes from the guild. Evil Wil Wheaton impersonation, go!.
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Aine

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 01:21:32 AM »
If y'all see a good-looking guy wandering around the Westin with a Dragon Con badge that says "Yeratel" on it, that's me.  :)

Good to know just the badge with "Yeratel" on it wouldn't have been enough to tip me off.  ;)

I plan on going as Lara.  I have more than one possible Lara outfit, but so far that's the plan.

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 01:28:12 AM »
I'll be cleverly disguised as a nerdy sci-fi fan, possibly wearing a Bujold t-shirt.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:16:21 PM by Stiletto »
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline autotechgrl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2010, 09:22:41 AM »
This just seals the deal. I will be at Dragon*Con for sure. Whether it be with my Doctor Who friends or my LARP group I don't know yet but I WILL be there!
Some of my best friends are human.

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2010, 01:50:09 PM »
This just seals the deal. I will be at Dragon*Con for sure. Whether it be with my Doctor Who friends or my LARP group I don't know yet but I WILL be there!

Get you ticket now, before the price goes up.  :)

Offline traycon3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 12:54:29 AM »

Doctor Who fans unite! :D

I've been thinkin' of cosplaying Donna, but I need a Doctor. >.>

-t3
I am not an addict. I can quit anytime I want. *Tosses Dresden Files across the room*

*Runs over and scoops it up* I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN IT! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!