Author Topic: Maps  (Read 2701 times)

Offline John 1:17

• Conversationalist
  • For the Za-Lord!
    • View Profile
Maps
« on: January 07, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »
So, I was wondering, are you going to include maps? Like maps with the dresdenverse ley lines? Because that would be pretty great. It would be good to know where all the ley lines are in the dresdenverse without having to try and wing it.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Maps
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »
Nope. Honestly, I don't think Jim has decided where the all the ley lines are, and we're taking pains not to create a product that constrains his world. We can only write about what's been written in that respect.

EDIT: What I failed to say is: Ultimately, the question to ask is, "where does *your* story need the ley lines to be?" Because the RPG is about taking ownership of that world once it's in the player's hands.  It's just in its role as a source of fan info that we can't introduce stuff that ain't established yet. :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:39:53 PM by iago »
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

• Conversationalist
  • For the Za-Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:47:48 PM »
Nope. Honestly, I don't think Jim has decided where the all the ley lines are, and we're taking pains not to create a product that constrains his world. We can only write about what's been written in that respect.

EDIT: What I failed to say is: Ultimately, the question to ask is, "where does *your* story need the ley lines to be?" Because the RPG is about taking ownership of that world once it's in the player's hands.  It's just in its role as a source of fan info that we can't introduce stuff that ain't established yet. :)

lol i Kinda figured that. But I was thinking it would be nice to atleast have maps of the lines that have been mentioned. Though, since my campaign would mostly be set west of the Rockies, those wouldn't help me all that greatly...

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:50:32 PM »
lol i Kinda figured that. But I was thinking it would be nice to atleast have maps of the lines that have been mentioned. Though, since my campaign would mostly be set west of the Rockies, those wouldn't help me all that greatly...

Insert Bob here talking about how characteristics of ley lines can change over time, with even the locations shifting, often causing cataclysms that "you fleshy types" never manage to realize are related... :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

• Conversationalist
  • For the Za-Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:01:07 PM »
lol i guess that is true too. Thanks.

Offline chadu

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Sock Monkey Press
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 07:00:27 PM »
1. Take this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=&vps=1&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.313287,56.337891&ie=UTF8&geocode=FbGUfgId_JDG-g&split=0

2. Print out (black and white is fine).

3. Take crayons or markers of your favorite ley-colors.

4. Scribble.

Voila!

;)

Chad Underkoffler
Atomic Sock Monkey Press

• Conversationalist
  • For the Za-Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 07:34:18 PM »
lol that gets a +3 just for the smartass factor. I was pretty much already going to do that, but im going to have to go back through Small Favor and read the part about Injun Joe's map, so i atleast get those ones right.

Offline chadu

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Sock Monkey Press
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:02:40 PM »
lol that gets a +3 just for the smartass factor.

When you've been trying to write in Billy and Harry's voices for over a year, that happens. ;)
Chad Underkoffler
Atomic Sock Monkey Press