Author Topic: The Spoilers Section - The Poll  (Read 5083 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: The Spoilers Section - The Poll
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 02:59:38 AM »
This is slightly in response to:
SO, One poster, One vote. Do you think there's a problem?

No. Lord Vetinary is that one poster, and he gets the one vote.

*edit* GRR. Vetinari, Shecky. Just because you immediately started thinking back to when his fellow assassin-candidates referred to him as Dog-Botherer does not entitle you to mesh the two in spelling.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:11:20 PM by Shecky »
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline El Diablo

• Posty McPostington
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 03:41:57 AM »
cip
//Sings
"If you've been messaged to ignore me clap your hands!"
:)

knnn said "All must now bow in presence of your Dresden-Fu."

Offline Curly

• Posty McPostington
  • Roar!!! *Coughcough*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 09:54:34 PM »
That's a hell of a dichotomy you've laid out there. What of folks who think it's neither? :)
My parents told me not to talk back to things that have power over me. :'(

The answers are exaggerations but they mean "Do you think the Spoilers Section is sufficiently polite or not."

If you answer yes or no, the way the sentence is laid out, it could mean Yes to both, or no to both - So I'll wait till that's sorted...

Yep, I was having one of those days where I just assume a respective syntax is clear, excuse me.

Didn't mean to leave the thread alone so long. Blame Mickey. I've made the responses more clear and added a "meh" response. I believe I made the poll so that anyone would be able to change their response at any time.

Unless a lot of people misunderstood my sleep-distorted poll it would seem that people find Spoilers to be reasonably civil. :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:02:12 PM by Curly »
;) unless explicitly stated otherwise

Quote from: Neurovore
Why are you assuming it has to be heartbreaking ?

Offline Landing

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 11:13:31 PM »
My parents told me not to talk back to things that have power over me. :'(

The answers are exaggerations but they mean "Do you think the Spoilers Section is sufficiently polite or not."

Yep, I was having one of those days where I just assume a respective syntax is clear, excuse me.

Didn't mean to leave the thread alone so long. Blame Mickey. I've made the responses more clear and added a "meh" response. I believe I made the poll so that anyone would be able to change their response at any time.

Unless a lot of people misunderstood my sleep-distorted poll it would seem that people find Spoilers to be reasonably civil. :)

All of those votes were put in before you fixed your poll, the yes votes could just a easily been for "yes its just like Jarry". Since most people aren’t likely to go back to a poll they already voted in and see if it has changed or not, don’t you think it is only fair that you reset it so it is accurate?

Even with a "meh" option your question is still pretty loaded. One option, the one you have indicated you favor, being very moderate and inclusive of multiple views on the matter, and the other one as total extreme option. A good guide to if the poll is loaded is to flip the options and see if it still seems fair.

"Do you think the Spoilers section is generally rather uncivil or the Board's equivalent to Utopia?

See what I mean?
Purveyor of the theory that the overarching plot of the Dresdenverse is that its all the dinosaur's fault.

DISCLAIMER: What Duck's says but funnier.

Offline Curly

• Posty McPostington
  • Roar!!! *Coughcough*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »

All of those votes were put in before you fixed your poll, the yes votes could just a easily been for "yes its just like Jarry". Since most people aren’t likely to go back to a poll they already voted in and see if it has changed or not, don’t you think it is only fair that you reset it so it is accurate?
Fair enough :)I hope people come back and vote.

Even with a "meh" option your question is still pretty loaded. One option, the one you have indicated you favor, being very moderate and inclusive of multiple views on the matter, and the other one as total extreme option. A good guide to if the poll is loaded is to flip the options and see if it still seems fair.
I didn't intentionally indicate which one I prefer, Is there a way to poll two questions at a time?

To begin with, I was just going to suggest that someone make a poll. I guess it's true "If you want something done right, don't do it yourself, you don't know how to do it, that's why you don't do this for a living"

I ask anyone that knows polls to make a better, fairer one to replace this awful sham of a poll.  ;D I'd just like to see what most people think rather than how much a few people can type.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 02:25:35 PM by Curly »
;) unless explicitly stated otherwise

Quote from: Neurovore
Why are you assuming it has to be heartbreaking ?