Author Topic: NaNoWriMo anyone?  (Read 29467 times)

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
Re: NaNoWriMo anyone?
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2009, 03:24:47 AM »
still waiting on my beta readers although I already know I have to add some stuff to explain why my main characters vanished.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2009, 12:59:36 PM »
At a Con last week end, I heard a publisher bemoaning the "Slush Storm" that was coming in the next few months......

Y'know, I wondered about that.  If editors/agents dreaded the flood of awful manuscripts that show up following NaNo, I mean.  On the one hand, it seems like almost everyone is convinced their story is good enough to be published.  On the other hand, are there really that many people who finish AND don't needed extensive editing AND submit? 

Guess there are. Me, I need editing.  Or at least my story does.
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2009, 01:37:06 PM »
Y'know, I wondered about that.  If editors/agents dreaded the flood of awful manuscripts that show up following NaNo, I mean.  On the one hand, it seems like almost everyone is convinced their story is good enough to be published.  On the other hand, are there really that many people who finish AND don't needed extensive editing AND submit? 

Guess there are. Me, I need editing.  Or at least my story does.
I wouldn't think it's so much people who don't need extensive editing, but people who don't THINK they need extensive editing.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2009, 04:11:31 PM »
I think I'm gonna do my "Bruce Campbell Meets Martin Chuzzlewit" next time--this story has been in my head in one form or another for damn near a quarter century now...

I don't normally find romances interesting, but that has potential.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2009, 01:04:44 AM »
School work killed my nano (its my first year - of nano, I mean) and so I didn't get to finish. I'm going to try again next year. I still do want to finish what I started though, and do some extensive editing. Then attempt to publish it somewhere. or distribute it to friends to have them read.
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.