Author Topic: Big News on a Target Publication Date  (Read 11059 times)

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
Re: Big News on a Target Publication Date
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 03:28:45 PM »
Not going to be able to make it to Origins but I'm set for Gencon already (for which I hope to have a copy in hand already).  Will anyone from the Evil Hat team be running demos during that convention?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 05:05:12 PM »
Not going to be able to make it to Origins but I'm set for Gencon already (for which I hope to have a copy in hand already).  Will anyone from the Evil Hat team be running demos during that convention?
I'm not able to make it to GenCon this year. We haven't yet sorted out who will be able to. I imagine IPR will be present at GenCon and will have copies for sale at the least.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline skakid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 10:29:56 PM »
Surely you'll at least come out to visit Jim after it's released and give us locals a chance to get the two of you to sign it right?  ;D

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 01:48:57 AM »
Surely you'll at least come out to visit Jim after it's released and give us locals a chance to get the two of you to sign it right?  ;D
We'll see about that. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 04:24:47 AM »
I'm not able to make it to GenCon this year. We haven't yet sorted out who will be able to. I imagine IPR will be present at GenCon and will have copies for sale at the least.

Would you like some of the Alphas to run at Gencon?  I could easily run Dog Daze. Just sayin...
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 05:43:22 AM »
Would you like some of the Alphas to run at Gencon?  I could easily run Dog Daze. Just sayin...
I'd love it, yes. And any who can make it to Origins, too. I just need to get past the main layout push before I can really think clearly about that part of things... but if you want to take some initiative there... :)
Fred Hicks

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 04:38:51 PM »
No problem.  I'll put myself down for a repeat of Dog Daze and I have an idea for a post dealing with Mab serial to it...
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 06:11:44 PM »
No problem.  I'll put myself down for a repeat of Dog Daze and I have an idea for a post dealing with Mab serial to it...

Please post your event times when you get them finalized, it's going to fill quickly if they're available at pre reg time (Just no Saturday Morning please...Killer Breakfast time).

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 04:57:16 AM »
Should be Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon.  Don't think they've been made official yet.

Offline Ancalagon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 03:00:49 AM »
Has there been some "precision" on when the pre-order date is going to be?  I can't wait for that sweet, sweet PDF! :)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 03:22:16 AM »
Has there been some "precision" on when the pre-order date is going to be?  I can't wait for that sweet, sweet PDF! :)
No. Much too compressed of a timeframe for there to be any change; expect possible updates on a monthly basis at best.
Fred Hicks

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 05:31:50 PM »
Evil Hat Joins Alliance To Bring Dresden Files To Stores Near You

Alliance Game Distributors and Evil Hat Productions are proud to announce that they will be teaming up to bring The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game to adventure-hobby retailers in June, 2010!

http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/2010/02/25/evil-hat-joins-alliance-to-bring-dresden-files-to-stores-near-you/

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 11:31:22 PM »
 ;D  Happy news but I'm going up the wall waiting for a price update (tomorrow is to far away!!!).  Glad to see that this project will push you over the top into widespread distribution.  Will this branch out to include Amazon for those folks who live in BFE and have no access to a book store or will direct order from Evil Hat take care of them?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 11:38:21 PM »
;D  Happy news but I'm going up the wall waiting for a price update (tomorrow is to far away!!!).  Glad to see that this project will push you over the top into widespread distribution.  Will this branch out to include Amazon for those folks who live in BFE and have no access to a book store or will direct order from Evil Hat take care of them?

I have no idea. If Alliance sells to Amazon, then probably.

That said, it's healthier for *us* if you choose the Evil Hat webstore over Amazon -- way more cash comes our way with an Evil Hat webstore sale. But if Amazon's your best choice, do it, of course. :)

I'm *hoping* I can at least do drastically discounted if not free shipping for preorderers in the USA.
Fred Hicks

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 12:06:35 AM »
Depending on whether they ship media mail or nor will make a huge difference in overall cost.  CONUS media mail rates for 10 lbs is super cheap (8-9 bucks?).  As long as there's a .pdf file with preorder I have no problem in waiting for lower priced shipping (media mail is typically less than 7 shipping days CONUS).  Besides, with a pdf I can take it to work and read it while I'm not busy  ;)