Author Topic: updating?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Star_Controller

• Conversationalist
  • Member of the Black Spathi Squadron
    • View Profile
updating?
« on: May 14, 2009, 05:15:41 AM »
Presumably Mr Butcher isn't going to stop creating monsters and factions to see and read about, so is there going to be an updated edition of the RPG covering whatever comes up in the novels after the initial printing?  Just curious :)
Nine-tenths of the universe, in fact, is the paperwork.

"I will *hear* you." --Dak'kon

Offline ludomaniac

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: updating?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 12:03:29 PM »
Presumably Mr Butcher isn't going to stop creating monsters and factions to see and read about, so is there going to be an updated edition of the RPG covering whatever comes up in the novels after the initial printing?  Just curious :)

Fred's latest word on this topic is in this thread: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,12048.msg526470.html#msg526470

The RPG covers Dresdenverse canon through book 10 (Small Favor).  It should be easy to model any new material using the tools provided in the game (or so says Fred in a post somewhere).

BTW, I am not one of the game designers (I'm just a forum dweller like yourself), so don't take my word as final!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: updating?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 01:53:54 PM »
Nope, that's pretty much it. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/