Author Topic: Reporting abuse?  (Read 1613 times)

Aine

Reporting abuse?
« on: April 22, 2009, 10:37:14 PM »
Hi Mods,

I know it's probably crazy busy here with the massive influx of TC related new posters, but I was wondering if there was a place to read up on what constitutes 'abuse'?  And what, really, we need to be reporting to you all?  I don't want to bug you with a situation that, while might be obnoxious to some, isn't technically against the rules. 

Is 'abuse' a "know it when you see it" type of thing or is there something to go by? 

Thanks and sorry for the imposition.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Reporting abuse?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 11:00:10 PM »
Hi Mods,

I know it's probably crazy busy here with the massive influx of TC related new posters, but I was wondering if there was a place to read up on what constitutes 'abuse'?  And what, really, we need to be reporting to you all?  I don't want to bug you with a situation that, while might be obnoxious to some, isn't technically against the rules. 

Is 'abuse' a "know it when you see it" type of thing or is there something to go by? 

Thanks and sorry for the imposition.

If you aren't sure, click the 'report to moderator' link on the post. One of us will check it out and make a judgment call.  We don't act on every report we get, but we do examine each circumstance.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Matrix Refugee (formerly Morraeon)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Reporting abuse?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 11:32:44 PM »
Mmm, there's been one or two newcomers who've come off as know-it-alls, and one person who used a couple expletives in a heated discussion. Nothing bannable, but certainly worth a "hey, watch it, grasshopper".