Linked Events

• Signing in San Diego, CA: May 09, 2009

Author Topic: Signing: San Diego, CA on May 9th, 2009  (Read 15438 times)

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
Re: Signing: San Diego, CA on May 9th, 2009
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 04:15:26 PM »
LOL... they did two years ago when I went.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline OZ

• Posty McPostington
  • Great and Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 04:32:43 PM »
Just keeping an eye on this thread. I'm in Phoenix but this sounds like it might be the closest Jim will be this year. I might have to make the trip. Are there any hotels nearby?
How do you know you have a good book?  It's 3am and you think "Just one more chapter!"

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 04:53:46 PM »
Not super-close that I know of, but there are hotels all over San Diego.  Our public transit sucks, though, so if you're not driving, you'd have to rent a car.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 11:14:04 PM »
http://mysteriousgalaxy.booksense.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=storeevents&eventId=414706

More info becoming available.

It looks like Jim's line will be numbered.  They don't do pre-orders at this store, so if you plan on coming and don't want to be 320th in line, the best thing to do is call sometime the day the book goes on sale.
- Marie Curie

Aine

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 06:49:58 AM »
So, anyone have any idea how to invite Jim and Shannon to a dinner or something afterwards like they did after ConDFW?  Or was that all pre-arranged?

Offline David one Mutts Friend

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 12:57:37 AM »
We ask him at the party!

David
I have a Wartenburg Wheel and I know how to use it! ;)
[/quote]

Offline Notneeded

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 05:19:00 AM »
We ask him at the party!

David
Your kidding. You do not think that he would be afraid of crazy stalker fans?
“When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.” - Edward Teller

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 04:03:18 PM »
That is the way we got him to go to the dinner at ConDFW just asked!

Both Jim and Shannon great people. If they can do it they will consider it!

David
[/quote]

Offline Notneeded

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 08:58:13 PM »
Really? Well if that works I would love to be included and I can help pay (just not too much starving college student here).
“When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.” - Edward Teller

Offline Judd Sandage

• Lurker
  • AKA Anonymoose Cowherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 04:52:46 AM »
heh I would be willing to meetup before at the SB if anyone else is down for that, I got an uncle that lives down that way I might be able to convince him to let me stay a night, either way I will be there.
'Si vis pacem, para bellum'
'If you seek peace, prepare for war.'

"I was Drugged and left for Dead in Mexico - and all I got was this Stupid T-Shirt"

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 05:22:52 PM »
Just got off the phone with the people at Mysterious Galaxy today Wed. 8 April 2009 and they are all ready up to #73, for when Jim is here in Calif.

If you have not, get your name in or you will be in standing in line in Mexico if you wait till the day of the signing.

David
[/quote]

Offline NotneededToday

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 08:26:45 PM »
heh I would be willing to meetup before at the SB if anyone else is down for that, I got an uncle that lives down that way I might be able to convince him to let me stay a night, either way I will be there.
I assume you mean Starbucks right? Sure, I would love to meet other fans. Last year at Comic Con was just way to caotic to meet anyone. I am third in line for the signing  ;D. I can't wait to here what he might have in store for the next book.

Offline knightsyde

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 02:27:29 AM »
I was so excited when I saw that Jim was coming to San Diego that I ordered the book from Amazon and was very excited when it arrived.  I quickly finished up some other books I was reading so I could get to Turn Coat.  Then I went to the Mysterious Galaxy website and saw my hopes dashed.  You have to by the book from them and I supported the site by buying from the store on the site which took me to amazon.  So needless to say I will not be attending the signing because I can not afford to by the book twice in hardback.

I did pick up Backup and found it to be very enjoyable (that was how I got the free shipping and an easier way to get my wife to agree to the purchase - she firmly believes in the library)

If Jim ever does come back I will be sure to wait to buy my book but I would rather hand Jim the 10 dollar difference than give it to the bookstore (Amazon was $16 Mysterious Galaxy wants $25)

Oh well lesson learned so since I can't tell him in person

"Jim thanks for writing such great stories I really have enjoyed reading about Harry and Tavi and one day soon Spider-man."

Offline Notneeded

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 03:29:15 AM »
As the signing is this weekend I was wondering if anyone would like to meet up?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009, 04:18:06 AM »
Well i am going to be there.

David
[/quote]