Author Topic: most productive day ever  (Read 12297 times)

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
Re: most productive day ever
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 11:45:43 PM »
Good good; hope the restore goes smoothly.  One of the things I've been displacing with this past couple of weeks is collating everything on all my major projects and making additional backups on a couple of flash cards, with the intention of getting my brother to keep a copy when I am in Ireland, for yet another level of backup redundancy. 

It should go pretty well; the only problem is that I think I'm going to have to downgrade the program to the previous working release to be able to add in all my notes without having the same problem again.  I'm gonna have to find my mouse to make copying and pasting easier.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »
It should go pretty well; the only problem is that I think I'm going to have to downgrade the program to the previous working release to be able to add in all my notes without having the same problem again.  I'm gonna have to find my mouse to make copying and pasting easier.

I should add this to my list of reasons for choosing which program to use as your novel-writing environment, actually.  I have projects I have been working on off and on since 1996; if I were willing to work with something like Word, how many upgrade cycles would I have been locked into paying for in order to keep my older work readable to me at all ?  Whereas plain text files worked on in emacs are as legible now as they were then.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 06:42:27 PM »
I should add this to my list of reasons for choosing which program to use as your novel-writing environment, actually.  I have projects I have been working on off and on since 1996; if I were willing to work with something like Word, how many upgrade cycles would I have been locked into paying for in order to keep my older work readable to me at all ?  Whereas plain text files worked on in emacs are as legible now as they were then.

Probably a good reason.  I only just started using this program sometime last year, and the problem was more me upgrading to the most recent update instead of reading the forums to find out if it was completely stable.  I stopped using Word after my b/f found this one.  It's shareware, so it doesn't have to be paid for, though it does pop up a window everytime it's opened to ask for a donation.  The good thing with the program is that I was able to export the actual text of the story into a txt file, and just copy and paste from that.  I'm just annoyed I'll have to retype all the character notes, cause that's the part of the program that messed up.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury