Poll

Will you be able to attend?

Yes!
4 (22.2%)
Alas, no!
14 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 08, 2009, 01:47:06 AM

Author Topic: NYCC Dinner  (Read 31858 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: NYCC Dinner
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2009, 03:46:36 PM »
Isn't the difference between the Saturday ticket and the Weekend ticket only like five bucks?  But yeah, you should totally come in on Sunday!  The hijinks shall continue!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2009, 03:51:41 PM »
Twenty bucks - and after my salary got reduced (company-wide), I'm getting to be even MORE of a cheap S.O.B.

.......... and it STILL isn't loading.

*edit* Again:

We are currently experiencing a temporary problem with this computer system.
Please try again in a few minutes.

Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »
Ah, they must have increased the price as the event approached.  Are you or Sue in the city?  They sell tickets at Midtown Comics--one location is at 40th and 7th, just a few blocks from where we're having dinner.  And that way, you won't have to wait in line at the con to pick up your badge.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2009, 04:05:19 PM »
Ah, they must have increased the price as the event approached.  Are you or Sue in the city?  They sell tickets at Midtown Comics--one location is at 40th and 7th, just a few blocks from where we're having dinner.  And that way, you won't have to wait in line at the con to pick up your badge.

At this rate (STILL with the non-loading), we may have to do that, but Sue's down past Wall St. If this keeps up, I think I'm gonna call ahead to MTC and see if they can't hold some for us until we arrive.  :-\
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Infamous as Elle!

• Posty McPostington
  • Pwn Teh Sparkles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2009, 04:12:19 PM »
I can see freakin' Manhattan from my front doorstep and it STILL takes a minimum of an hour to get there.

So are we setting up our Saturday NYCC attack strategy at the dinner tonight? Or will General Fae-cellie unveil an already-schemed plan?

See for me, three hours to just get to the city....never mind negotiating to get to where I need to go and I am NOT driving in NYC.  Soooo.....no dining in NY for me.
[Insert Exceeding Clever And Snappy Quote Here.]

Awesomesauce is the new ketchup!  It goes with everything good!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »
Okay, fixed. Thanks to you, Generous Fae-cellie, I can haz tikitz! MTC doesn't have any more weekend passes, but they assure me that there will be plenty of Saturday passes when we swing by this evening on our way to NOM. What's super cool about these guys is that they're selling them AT COST - no fee, nada (well, taxes, but that's fine by me).

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »
Growl.  Brother Jimmy's may need to split us into two tables.  Currently working to keep us as one.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2009, 05:44:27 PM »
Mwaha!  I win!  We're staying as one table!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2009, 05:54:01 PM »
That's why you're the Generous.

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Side of the Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2009, 08:32:24 PM »
Alrite, I'm on my way to the Con, see you all at 8:30
Quote from: Shecky
It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning. It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2009, 08:42:20 PM »
And I'm leaving work in a few minutes; will then start making my way into the city, pick Sue up, hit MTC and then grubfest.

Offline Entropy Geek

• Conversationalist
  • there is a price to be paid for dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »
Aww... wish I had known about this earlier. Sounds like a lot of fun, and BBQ too!
Already have plans I'm afraid. Have fun everyone! Maybe I can partake next year, or at SDCC in July.

Offline hkjakkie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2009, 11:54:58 PM »
Anybody going to post pictures of the dinner?

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2009, 12:31:18 AM »
Anybody going to post pictures of the dinner?

I'm sure a bunch of us will. :D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2009, 02:42:39 PM »
Ask and ye shall receive. (My apologies for less-than-stellar image quality; the camera's still new to me and I haven't ironed out all the wrinkles yet.)

Molly and Harry not at Burger King. (What you can't see is Harry's t-shirt: "Easter is cancelled - they found the body.")

Harry with what must be some seriously shielded tech in hand, Uilos and Marcone.

Molly (as her mild-mannered alter ego, Priscellie) and Harry generously reading a new chapter of Turn Coat for Butcherlings, passers-by in Penn Station and assorted homeless people.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:26:00 PM by Shecky »