Linked Events

• TC signing in Lexington, KY: April 14, 2009

Author Topic: April 14: TC signing in Lexington, KY  (Read 24717 times)

Offline Victoria/David

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: April 14: TC signing in Lexington, KY
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2009, 01:18:43 AM »
If it's close that's even better. I have only been to Lexington like twice, and I am not sure where anything is except the Cracker barrel...lol..
VictoriaLynn

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2009, 06:55:39 PM »
I believe there may be two TGI Fridays in Lexington - one at the Hamburg Pavilion and one by the Fayette Mall.  The one by the mall is the nearest to Joseph Beth.  I think it's on Rojay Drive, something like that.  (It's been about a year since I lived out that way, so a current resident may know better than I do).  There's also an Olive Garden in the same area.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:58:59 PM by Araneae »
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Victoria/David

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2009, 01:57:03 PM »
Well, we would definitly want the TGI that is closest to the event.... We will be there at 2;30-ish.. we are leaving for Lexington today.. and won't be back on here.. So if anyone is interested.. please come join us..      
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 05:28:17 PM by Victoria/David »
VictoriaLynn

Offline Star_Controller

• Conversationalist
  • Member of the Black Spathi Squadron
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2009, 11:59:36 PM »
I'm glad to see some other forum people are making it out.  I live in the area so this will be one of my few chances to make it to a signing, see you there!  --Star Controller
Nine-tenths of the universe, in fact, is the paperwork.

"I will *hear* you." --Dak'kon

Offline BittenbyBooks.com

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Bitten by Books
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2009, 04:09:52 AM »
We are coming from the Paducah area. But we can't leave here until a bit after noon. So we will be cutting it close to get there on time. I think it is like 5 or almost 6 hours.
Rachel
http://bittenbybooks.com
Paranormal Fiction Review Site
Vote for Bob!
Details here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=7935

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2009, 11:37:51 AM »
I'm coming with a carload, although I'm the only board member!  We'll all be wearing our matching t-shirts that say "Order of the Large Cooking Pot."  I'm the tall, skinny one!

Offline BittenbyBooks.com

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Bitten by Books
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2009, 11:40:55 AM »
Cool, I will look for you! :)
Rachel
http://bittenbybooks.com
Paranormal Fiction Review Site
Vote for Bob!
Details here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=7935

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2009, 12:52:16 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to make a long drive to see Jim.  Hope I get to run into some board members.  (If you see someone with black hair and a Red Court t-shirt it's me.  Say hi or snub me at your discretion  :D
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Lionheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2009, 01:05:14 PM »
I really enjoyed the Joesph-Beth Booksellers venue last night.  I've only ever seen him in Barnes and Nobles in St. Louis before last night and they are cramped and have little seating.  Plus most B&N's look exactly the same.

Though I didn't get to see the usual St. Louis Jim Butcher fans I've gotten to know over the last few years.  The Kentucky folks were very friendly.

Offline LDSman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2009, 05:09:47 PM »
I had fun.  I got ALL of my stuff signed. :)
If I let everyone I thought was an idiot die, there wouldn't be many people left.

No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2009, 05:19:55 PM »
Hey folks!  I had a blast last night at the signing.  It was great meeting some of you.  I forgot the cord for my camera today, so I don't have my pics uploaded, but will try to get to it tonight.  I posted one pic in the "Jim on Tour" thread (it was a printed one that I had him sign, and I was able to scan it in).

LDS - Did they make you wait since you had a large # of books?  It's great that Jim stayed to sign it all... I don't know how the man does it.  He was still in such a good mood when we were going through, chatting and making jokes, like with the pic I posted.

I took a lot of notes during the Q&A, and will try to get them posted tonight as well.  Right now, I think I need to get some work done! :D

p.s. Araneae - I saw you at one point, but I was talking with someone, then when I turned around you were gone.  :( 

Offline LDSman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2009, 05:35:31 PM »
I volunteered to wait since I had so many.  It wouldn't been nice or fair to make everybody else wait while I got almost twenty items signed.  I wasn't the one with the most though.  Another lady had the Codex series as well.  I didn't mind waiting.
If I let everyone I thought was an idiot die, there wouldn't be many people left.

No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.

Offline Star_Controller

• Conversationalist
  • Member of the Black Spathi Squadron
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »
I had fun out at the store last night, though I get the feeling Jim has to field a lot of the same questions every time.  I hope he makes lexington a regular part of his signing tours in the future!

"Would listen to again, A++"? ;)
Nine-tenths of the universe, in fact, is the paperwork.

"I will *hear* you." --Dak'kon

Offline Avelyn

• Conversationalist
  • The equation has changed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2009, 04:52:57 AM »
Yeah, was definitely a lot of fun and I enjoyed getting a few of my books signed.  Hopefully, he will return to Lexington at some point and then I will get a few more.
Beckett: (Clears throat) Ahem. What's the deal with men and boobs, anyway?
Castle: Biological. We can't help it.
Beckett: But doesn't it bother you that they're so obviously not real?
Castle: (Pauses) Santa's not real. We still love opening his presents.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2009, 03:19:19 PM »
p.s. Araneae - I saw you at one point, but I was talking with someone, then when I turned around you were gone. 
:D  Same thing.  I saw you, then started talking to someone - and then they called my ticket.  (I kind of bolted from the chair immediately after Jim was done talking, because my chair was a horrific kind of uncomfortable).

It was a really fun event.  I'd never been to any sort of book signing before now.